Finlay is an Accredited Adviser with the following companies, and will recommend their products and solutions which best fit your circumstances and requirements:
ANZ, ASB, Liberty Home Loans, RESIMAC, Sovereign Home Loans, SBS Bank, The Co- Operative Bank, TSB and Westpac.
AMP, AIA, Asteron, and Sovereign.
Fire and Material Damage Cover – Finlay has a referral relationship with Provincial Insurance Brokers (Provincial). In the event that Provincial arrange Insurance Cover then Provincial will pay Finlay a referral fee at its own discretion. The referral fee is paid from the brokerage paid by the insurer and does not increase the cost of your premiums.
Legal and Accounting – Finlay will make you aware of legal and accounting matters that may require your further attention, and it is strongly recommended that you seek advice from a professionally qualified specialist adviser in respect to such matters.
Memberships, Partnerships & Professional Insurance
PAA – I hold a current accreditation as a full member of the Professional Advisers Association (PAA) and the business complies with the Association’s Membership Rules and Code of Ethics and Standards. For more information visit www.paa.co.nz
Professional Insurance – Finlay has professional indemnity cover for your ultimate protection. The maximum cover is $2 million per claim. In proven cases, this protects Finlay’s clients from financial loss due to fraud, gross negligence, gross misrepresentation, etc. (if perpetrated by Finlay). The Policy is held with Lumley General Insurance (NZ) Limited and is managed by Marsh Ltd, Auckland Phone 0800 – 627 744.
Original supporting documentation you supply will be copied and returned to you. The copies will be held on your file so that they can be used in any future loan applications. Surplus paper which records your personal information is shredded.
I use an Excel Loan Application form, which I complete on your behalf from the information you provide to me. I can use this form with any Lender but will not do so without your express permission. You will be supplied with a full copy of the Excel Loan Application Form plus your Loan Recommendation upon settlement of your loan/s.
How I Get Paid
A full schedule of all providers commission rates is available on request.
Finlay may charge a one off fee for work completed for clients which does not attract a broker payment from the lender. This charge, if applied, will be agreed in advance with you using Finlay’s Client Fee Mandate before any work is started.
Up-front commission can be ‘clawed back’ by all lenders and insurers if a minimum qualification period has not been met.
- Finlay will establish the areas where you need advice and we will agree on your objectives
- Finlay collects relevant financial information from you prior to and during our meetings so that I have a full understanding of your current financial situation and your future plans.
- Finlay will work through a specific process designed to provide you with a personalised financial plan in relation to your mortgage and insurance needs.
- Finlay prepares and presents recommendations on products, lenders and insurers.
- Finlay facilitates the application process on agreed products and services.
- Finlay will monitor the implementation of your objectives and review agreed strategies and actions on a regular basis
- Finlay will provide you with a future business relationship including regularly communicating with you about fixed rate reviews (Finlay has a comprehensive process to assist you); loan re-structures and future loan applications; correcting any lender or insurer errors; Continuing to advise you on your changing insurance needs including assisting with any claims.
- My preferred form of communication, unless urgent, is by e-mail
- More than 25 years’ continuous experience in Finance and Banking in Palmerston North, Auckland and London.
- Moved to Wellington in 1993 culminating in the role of National Lending and Credit Manager for a Specialist Finance Company.
- Commenced career as a Mortgage Broker in 1999 and has arranged more than $300 Million in loans.
- Enjoys the constant challenge of business and is passionate about Wellington and its future.
- All spare time devoted to wife Stacey, children Max, Heath and Nena and his family and friends.
- To read some of our testimonials, click here.